I am currently looking for new and exciting opportunities.
Please use my contact page if you are interested in working with me.
I enjoy learning new skills, my continuous personal development is as important to me as my professional development and as such I belong to two online course providers, edX and The Shaw Academy.
Introduction to Bootstrap - A Tutorial
Microsoft - DEV203x through edX
IAO Level 3 Certificate in Web Design and Development
The Training Room
Diploma in Web Development
Advanced Diploma in Web Design
Diploma in Web Design
Diploma in Adobe Photoshop
Diploma in Smartphone Photography
Diploma in Adobe Lightroom
Diploma in Video
Diploma in Photography
My enjoyment of learning new skills often means that I take courses that are not directly related to my professional career, below are some qualifications and certificates that are not directly related to my professional career, however, I
believe that many skills are transferable, in one way or another.
Introduction to Project Management
The University of Adelaide Project 101x through edX
Introductory Short Course in Plastering
City & Guilds
Super-Earths and Life
HarvardX - SPU30x through edX
Level 4 NVQ in Health and Social Care (Adults) - April 2012.
BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (ITQ) - March 2010.
NVQ Level 3 in Promoting Independence - June 2006.
This is not an exhaustive list of my training course, see below for a downloadable file.
Web Design and Development
February 2018 - Present
• Advising and liaising with the customer about the UI and UX of their website from wire-framing to final site. • Responsible for designing, coding and modifying of existing websites and templates to achieve the customers desired
• Thorough understanding of responsive web design. • Thorough testing of entire site to ensure that it is fully functioning and compatible with a range of browsers and devices and that it meets current web standards. • Take
and edit (using Photoshop and Lightroom) images to ensure that they present the best of the customer while also being suitably sized for the web. • Source and pay for webhosting and domain names for the client. • Thorough understanding
Three C's Support
April 2014 - September 2016
• Led, managed and supervised the teams including investigations, appraisal and performance management. Created a completely new staff rota system that drastically reduced the time it took to prepare the monthly rotas and process the end of month timesheets
and returns. • Mentored and coached staff, delivering training when needed. • Ensured that the service was fully compliant with Health & Safety and other legislation by making sure that appropriate documents
are in place, up-to-date and easily accessible. • Provided service data (audits and checks) and accurate budget forecasts in a timely manner to ensure that resources available are used to maximum benefit. • Manage planned
change in service provision to meet changing needs of the customer and the company. (Download a copy of my "Work & CPD History" for the complete Job Description and Person Specification).
Community Support Organiser
Dartford & Swanley Community Day Services, Kent County Council
October 2012 – March 2014
• Led, managed and supervised the teams including recruitment, selection, investigations, appraisal, and performance management. • Mentored and coached the staff, the nursing students and police cadets, delivering training when needed.
• Developed and implemented robust quality assurance processes and systems. • Built and managed opportunities for the service to develop by networking with people and organisations. • Assisted with the drafting of the annual
business plans. • Ensured the effective use of resources by controlling and monitoring the day-to-day operational budgets. • Undertook the annual budget building and forecasting for the service, in charge of large amounts of
public money. • Maintained appropriate records in line with service and government policies. • Managed and was responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of all staff, customers and visitors. • Committed to equalities
and the promotion of diversity by identifying and challenging discriminatory views. • Responsible for carrying out risk assessments. (Download a copy of my "Work & CPD History" for the complete Job Description and Person Specification).
Senior Day Centre Officer
Yew Tree Centre, Dartford, Kent County Council
October 2009 – September 2012
• Managed the recruitment, induction, supervision, motivation, training and development of staff to ensure an effective team that was capable of delivering services in accordance with service specifications. • Ensured that services
were delivered to contract specification, within the cash limits and operation policy. • Monitored and controlled the operational budget and contributed to the forecasting process for the unit. • Maintained efficient and effective
monitoring and control systems for the unit in accordance with Financial/Human Resources and Health and Safety Directorate regulations and provided regular reports. • Awareness of KCC Procedures/Policy in relation to Human Resources,
Health and Safety and Finance. • Used awareness of Health and Safety, Data Protection and confidentiality issues and other national, corporate and directorate policies and procedures to review and update centre procedures. (Download
a copy of my "Work & CPD History" for the complete Job Description and Person Specification).